Friday, January 30, 2009

Today we will go to the Great Wall

Yesterday was great, we went to Tienanmen, the Forbidden City, a silk factory, and then took a rickshaw ride through a traditional neighborhood. The owner of a 150 year old home invited us in to see how Beijingers have lived since the Yuan Dynasty. Very cool. I evidently forgot the cord to download pictures from my camera, so I will either borrow one from someone in our group or buy one, sorry, no pictures available! I took over 100! I also took video, which I downloaded last night, but by the time it finished downloading I was too tired to work with it, so it is not edited enough to post any of it. I hope to get some pics on here tonight. I only have one converter, so another issue is that I can only have one item plugged in at a time and the video downloads so slowly that the computer is dead by the time it is finished.

You would have been amazed at the crowds at the Forbidden City. Amazing, pushing, shoving, not waiting your turn in line, if felt a little like the middle school cafeteria! Makana is doing pretty well, she had been tired and not eating well, which makes life interesting, I am hoping that last night's early bed time combined with all the bacon she had this morning will keep her attitude at bay today! We are off to the Great Wall, I must get my cameras packed! Thanks for the emails and the posts, my students are definetly keeping up, I miss you guys!

No comments: