A blog of our journey to our son, Noa, and his life with us. Kane is the Hawaiian word for man.
Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine and injustice when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.
I am a wife to Gil, my wonderful "local boy", mother to Makana and Nainoa. We live in the Denver area now, but never forget Hawaii. Our feet may be in the snow of Colorado, but our hearts are with the rainbows of Hawaii.
This morning we received a call from Sara at CCAI saying our eagerly awaited LOA had arrived. That stands for Letter of Acceptance, which means we are officially accepted to adopt our son. We are thrilled and went to CCAI before Gil had to go to work and signed the paperwork. Makana and I then went to Target to buy items for Nainoa's care package. I have ordered pictures to pick up tomorrow, I will add them to the little photo book that I purchased in November and we will mail them to China tomorrow. They say that we will travel in 5-7 weeks! It could not be soon enough for me! I can barely get off my yahoo boards talking about it and reading about others who also got their LOA today. So much for my planned bill paying and getting things ready for ebay sales! I'd better get on the National Board paperwork fast and steady so that it is all completed before I go to China!
Congratulations on your LOA! We are awaiting LOA and TA for our daughter, awaiting us in Henan. Where is Kane waiting for you? We are also with CCAI...maybe we'll travel around the same time, who knows! Best wishes and congratulations to you all!
2 comments:
Congratulations on your LOA! We are awaiting LOA and TA for our daughter, awaiting us in Henan. Where is Kane waiting for you? We are also with CCAI...maybe we'll travel around the same time, who knows! Best wishes and congratulations to you all!
Congratulations on your LOA! How exciting! I can't wait to follow your journey to your son. Best wishes!
Post a Comment