Saturday, February 7, 2009

In Guangzhou

We made it to Guangzhou yesterday, there was a huge traffic jam on the freeway that held us up and we almost missed the plane. Our guide called the airline and they actually held the plane! On the freeway cars were parked in every direction and people were walking around, cleaning their cars, reading newspapers outside, wild! During the flight I was covered by every type of food the kids could eat, rice, crackers, juice, disgusting. It is about 75 degrees here and I have jeans and long sleeved shirts. I bought a couple of t shirts yesterday and hope to find some capris or skirts or something. Expect to see pictures of me in very mismatched clothes! Today is Sunday and we will visit a Buddhist Temple, a Folk Art Museum, and a Local Crafts store. This evening we will have Nainoa's passport photo taken and have a group dinner at the Cow and Bridge. We will try to take plenty of pictures and post them later. The hotel here is amazing, we stayed at the Victory last time, so we are happy to be here. For those of you who are worried about the twin beds here, we just pushed them together and had the best sleep yet, all in one big bed!Noa is beginning to show some attitude today, refusing to do things and fussing at me, it is good because I know he is getting comfortable with us now! His eating has slowed a little too, only one bowl of congee, 2 pieces of French toast, milk, juice, and oranges this morning! I will post more later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Following along now. LOVE the picturers!! Can't wait to see ALL of them when you get back. Dogs send their puppy love, and my men do to!