Saturday, November 15, 2008

Its a boy!!!






We were beyond shocked when on Monday November 10, 2008 we received a call about a beautiful little boy waiting for a family. It is strange because we have been waiting 2 years and Makana talks about her little sister all the time, I tell her, it could be a brother, to which she replies, "No, a sister!" You would think we would be ready, bags packed money saved roaring to go. But somehow we put it out of our minds, we paid off bills (well, we worked on it!), bought a house, worked on the yard and just generally went about our lives. We talked about the adoption, but if we had focused on it we would have gone crazy waiting. So here we are, referral in had, a beautiful boy who is one and a half and has had his cleft lip repaired and will need the palate repaired soon after coming home. Of course we were nervous, we'd be crazy not to be, still our in fact, but we are bringing him home! We haven't told Makana yet, we want to sit down with her when we are both there and can discuss it with her. We aren't sure Gil can travel, or how in the heck we will do daycare for 2 kids, but we will figure it all out just as we would if we found out we were having a bio child. We have turned in our preliminary paperwork to our agency, CCAI, and when we are officially matched in China we will send in the rest of the paperwork, which I am completing as quickly as I can. I spent all day today on line with yahoo groups, medical sites learning about cleft palate and looking at information about his province. I even was contacted by a representative from someone who knows him today, she was happy he has a home. We are not supposed to contact the group that sponsored his surgery and foster family, Love Without Boundaries, until after we are home, but I am sure I will be able to get a lot of good information about his early life after we are home. It is difficult not to tell Makana, so I can't wait until tomorrow night, but I am just so excited about having a son and a new addition to my family. When I turned in the medical needs check list I hoped for this Special Need and had a feeling I can't explain that it would be a boy. By the way, the paperwork was only turned in for a waiting child August 31, 2008, which seems a really fast match! We are truly blessed! I hope that someday our son will be able to view these posts and understand what a blessing he is to us! OH! His Chinese name is He Zheng Da and he is in XinXiang, Henan, PRC. We have not settled on a name yet, thought we have always wanted to use the name Nainoa. I also think that Jack or James might be easy for him because it sounds like Zheng. I know we have a lot of James in the family though!

4 comments:

kara said...

This is kara i miss you soooo much and i hope you have a ton of fun because you'll need the energy to come back because you might get i party hehehe!!!!!!!!!!!:)

This is Troy-Lyn and I hope you have the best time ever and don't fallin those walking shoes.

Anonymous said...

Its Katie L.
MRS.AYALA!!!! We miss you so much!!!!! cant wait for u to come home!!! Have fun and enjoy your time off with your family... bring back pictures!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I worked so hard on that editorial and you gave me a 6 out of 16? i thought it would be worth at least a B?

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs. Ayala!
This is Christy! School is just not the same without you:( I hope you have a great time! I am jealous that you got to see the Great Wall. Thats sooo cool! Take loads of pictures!

See you in a few weeks,
Christy